Getting Started: Standard MCR
Important Information on Changes to Mortgage Call Report
Effective for Quarter 1, 2016 reporting, changes have been made that impact the Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) component for Standard filers and both the RMLA and the Financial Condition (FC) components for Expanded filers. This includes the addition of fields to capture loans that are not subject to Qualified Mortgage standards, completeness check/calculation updates, and improved overall usability. To review the full list of changes as they may relate to your company's submission of any new MCR filings on or after April 1, 2016, see the FV5 Modifications Summary.
1. Am I required to submit a Mortgage Call Report (MCR) through NMLS?
Companies that hold a state license or state registration through NMLS will be required to complete a Mortgage Call Report. Review the State MCR Requirements Chart for state-specific details.
Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac Sellers/Services or Ginnie Mae Issuers must submit an Expanded Mortgage Call Report; see Getting Started: Expanded MCR for more information.
2. What do I have to submit in the Standard MCR?
The Standard MCR contains two components:
- Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) - This component collects application, closed loan, individual MLO, Line of Credit, servicing, and repurchase information by state.
- Financial Condition (FC) – This component collects financial information at the company level; it does not have to be completed by state.
3. When does the Standard MCR need to be submitted?
- RMLA – Due quarterly, within 45 days of the end of the calendar quarter.
- Q1 data (January 1 – March 31) is due May 15
- Q2 data (April 1 – June 30) is due August 14
- Q3 data (July 1 – September 30) is due November 14
- Q4 data (October 1 – December 31) is due February 14
- FC – Due annually, within 90 days of your company’s Fiscal Year End as reported in the Company (MU1) Form.
4. How do I get prepared?
Download a Standard MCR Sample and the Field Definitions to review all of the fields required in the RMLA and FC components of the Standard MCR. The Practice Worksheet has been designed to help you prepare and complete your quarterly Standard MCR filings.
Sample MCR filings by business model:
5. How do I Submit the Standard MCR?
The Standard MCR must be submitted under the Filing Tab in NMLS. The following quick guides will walk you through creating and completing the Standard MCR through NMLS:
Standard MCR – Residential Mortgage Loan Activity
Standard MCR – Financial Condition